What We Believe
- An interdenominational congregation, World Outreach Church focuses on the beliefs that unite all Christians and is in the mainstream of the historic Christian faith. The Apostles’ Creed frames our statement of belief.
- We believe that every believer is a minister, we strive to help every person discover, develop and use their talents in ministry.
- It is our commitment to major on the major doctrines, while minoring on the minors: “In essentials unity, in non-essentials diversity, in all things charity.”
- We strive for excellence in every area of ministry.
Our Statement of Purpose
- Attracting and leading the unsaved to a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Encouraging Christians to consecrate themselves to God’s purpose in their lives
- Providing a climate in which worship and personal spiritual growth occur
- Equipping believers for effective ministry to reach the Murfreesboro area and throughout the earth
We believe that the Bible is the foundation for both our faith and practice. In addition to affirming the historic creeds of the Church, such as the Apostles’ Creed, we believe:
- The Bible is God’s unique revelation to people. It is the inspired Word of God, providing an authoritative and trustworthy rule of faith and practice.
- There is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ is God’s Son, born of the Virgin Mary, lived a sinless life, willingly took upon Himself all of our sins, died and rose again bodily, and is at the right hand of the Father. He will return to consummate history and to fulfill the eternal plan of God.
- All people are created in God’s image having an innate value and dignity but alienated from God by sin and justly subject to God’s wrath.
- Salvation cannot be earned through personal goodness or human effort. It is a gift that must be received by humble repentance and faith in Christ and His finished work on the cross.
- The indwelling presence and transforming power of the Holy Spirit, Who gives to all believers a new life and a new calling to obedient service.
- All believers are members of the Body of Christ, the one true Church universal.
Our Vision is for World Outreach Church to be a transforming place for people—across our community, throughout Middle Tennessee, and around the earth. We believe that a relationship with God is the greatest opportunity ever extended to a person. Our experience as Christ-followers should be liberating and hope-filled.
- A belief that every believer is a minister—We strive to help every person discover, develop and use their talents in ministry
- A commitment to leadership development—A high priority on the recruitment, equipping and involvement of lay ministry
- Maintaining a caring, nurturing atmosphere
- Dependence upon the direction and anointing of the Holy Spirit
According to the Bible, all believers are to be baptized in water, just like Jesus Himself.
To be eligible for baptism in water, one need only to believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and to have made a commitment to follow Him.
Baptism doesn’t make someone a Christian. It shows that they already are one. We do not baptize children unless they are able to understand these matters and make these choices. Any child who wishes to be baptized must first attend a one-session class with a parent or guardian.
Below is a short sermon from Pastor Allen about water baptism.
God’s Word says that both the gift and the giver share an equal role. A cheerful heart with the anticipation of the sense of blessing, work together to create the offering that God most rewards. We have come to recognize the great joy of presenting both our lives and our resources as Kingdom gifts and the return is miracle story after miracle story. It’s not about the amount. It’s the passion of knowing that God alone opens each and every opportunity of plenty. It’s all His anyway. And because of the Heavenly promise that encompasses the tithe and offering, as a church, we step out boldly in faith that each gift is directly from the hand of the Lord. It is our confidence that what we do is all about the One who has ordained our ministry.
We pray that the faithfulness of the Lord will be your inspiration in your dreams and plans as He multiplies all that you do for Him.
Making a gift in memory or honor of a beloved family member, friend, or colleague not only supports World Outreach Church, but also pays tribute to that special individual. There are options for gift designations that we can assist you with. Make a memorial or honor gift today. It’s a gesture that will mean even more tomorrow. To receive additional information about making a gift, please contact the Business Office